Christmas in September
Support our global workers through our Christmas in September ministry by donating funds to Colonial so we can provide gifts and gift cards for them this Christmas season. Due to Covid restrictions, we are unable to host our lobby table this year with each global worker's individual requests, however, you can still be a part of caring for them this holiday season.
On Sunday, September 20th, we will be collecting a special offering for Christmas in September. Please write the check to "Colonial Baptist Church" with "Christmas in September" in the memo line. You can also mail in or drop off your check to the church office, or make an online donation below. Be sure to select "Christmas in September" from the fund drop-down.
Thank you for your faithful support of over 40 families who serve around the world!
If you have questions, please contact the Mobilization Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help a Child See the Light of Christ at Christmas
...and they shall call His name Immanuel, which translated means, "God with us" (Matthew 1:23)
Your Love, Prayers, and Special Gift this Christmas Will Help Lead Russians-Speaking Children to the Savior!
In Russia and her neighboring countries, communism rules no longer, but the spiritual crisis left by 70 years of enforced atheism remains. Poverty is hug; millions of needing children don't know of Jesus and His love for them. Very few of these poor children have a Bible of their own in the Russian-language. Their parents or caregivers can't afford Christmas gifts for the most part. So many children, day after day, often feel unloved and without hope...never having heard of Christ.
But through SGA's Immanuel's Child outreach, you can help bring Russian-speaking children the life-changing Gospel-leading the to the joy of the real meaning of Christmas!
Making a Difference
Through Immanuel's Child, your $25 gift will provide:
- A personal message of love from you and your family-sign a Star of Bethlehem ornament, which has a printed message of encouragement in Russian, and will be given to a special child.
- A Gospel opportunity-For many needy children and their families, this will be the first-and perhaps only-time they will hear the gospel of Christ's love.
- A special Christmas gift-purchased locally, lovingly wrapped, and presented by Russian-speaking church workers.
- A children's Bible-a wonderful gift that will be treasured and read!
- Candy and nutritious fruit-rare treats for needy children in Russian's harsh winter.
- Other items such as warm clothing and personal care products.
- Materials for discipleship-Russian language Christian literature and other materials will be given to local churches-vital tools for follow up ministry that will take place in the months after Christmas is over.
Sign the Russian-language half of the star that will be given to the child, and keep the English-language half for your Christmas tree as a prayer reminder.
Give your signed star to a representative at the Immanuel's Child lobby table on Sunday morning with your donation of $25 or as much as the Lord leads. The half of the ornament with personal Russian-language greeting will be sent overseas and given with your gift in time for Christmas.
-Checks can be made out to Colonial Baptist church with Immanuel's Child in the memo line.
Immanuel's Child is a special outreach of Slavic Gospel Association serving churches and reaching Russian-speaking lands since 1934.