Colonial will be offering a Chinese Level 1 Class for High School Credit.
Wednesdays 10:15am - 12:00pm
Students age 13+ are welcome.
This is a College Level 1 course with no prerequisites.
Where: Student Center 202-208
When: Wednesdays, August 14, 2019 - May 27, 2020 (37 classes total)
There is no class on the following dates:
- October 23
- November 27
- December 18
- December 25
- January 1
Cost*: Total Tuition of $560 is due by August 7, 2019 at 11:59 pm. Tuition is non-refundable after August 7, 2019.
*There is no discount available for this class. However, if a family has an EXTREMELY difficult financial situation, please contact Chris at email@example.com to discuss a payment plan.
* Any student dismissed from the class due to unexcused absences or other violations of class policy, will still be responsible for full payment of tuition.
Textbooks and Workbooks:
The textbook and workbooks are mandatory for this class. You can order them from either www.cheng-tsui.com or www.amazon.com.
a. Integrated Chinese, Volume 1, 4th Edition, Textbook (Paperback, Simplified), ISBN: 9781622911356
b. Integrated Chinese, Volume 1, 4th Edition, Workbook (Paperback, Simplified), ISBN: 9781622911363
c. Integrated Chinese, Volume 1, 4th Edition, Character Workbook (Paperback, Simplified & Traditional), ISBN: 9781622911370
Logistics and Policies:
1) Registered students only - In order to not disrupt the class, only registered students may be in the classroom. We have reserved an empty classroom next door for siblings and parents who want to stay in the building.
2) Sickness Policy - If a student is sick with a fever, a contagious cough (e.g. Virus caused), a bad cold, or another type of contagious illness, the student should notify the teacher via email, and stay at home till full recovery. If a student is not sure if his/her illness is contagious, please consult with the doctor's office first. Teacher will update the student with the progress of the class and course materials.
For students seeking high school credit, the following requirements must be met:
1) Homework - It is the student's responsibility to finish the assigned homework before coming to class. An unexcused incompletion of homework will be recorded in the student's progress report, and the parents will be notified. After two unexcused incompletions the student is at risk for being dismissed from class for the remainder of the school year.
Acceptable reasons for incomplete homework are circumstances such as illness or family crisis. In the event of either, an email must be sent to the Class Instructor by Wednesday morning at 9:00am, and the student's parents must be copied on the email. All late assignments must be completed the following week.
2) Absentee Policy - There will be no unexcused absence in the 2019-2020 school year.
Acceptable reasons for an excused absence are circumstances such as illness or family crisis.
In the event of an absence, please email your instructor in advance with the specific reason, and copy your parents on the email. Colonial does not offer compensatory lessons or classes for absences or missed lessons that occur.