Colonial will be offering a Level 2 High School - Adult Chinese Class this Spring 2019 on WEDNESDAY mornings.
This is a Level 2 college course which requires proficiency in Level 1 as a prerequisite.
Where: Student Center 202-204
When: Wednesdays: January 2 - May 29
There will be 22 classes each on the following dates:
- January 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- February 6, 13, 20, 27
- March 6, 13, 20, 27
- April 3, 10, 17, 24
- May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Cost*: Tuition of $330 ($15/person/class) is due by December 20th at 11:59 pm.
*There is no discount available for this adult/high school class. However, if a family has an EXTREMELY difficult financial situation, please contact Chris at email@example.com to discuss a payment plan.
* Any student dismissed from the class due to unexcused absences or other violations of class policy, will still be responsible for full payment of the semester fee.
Textbooks and Workbooks:
The textbook and workbooks are mandatory for the class. You can order them from either www.cheng-tsui.com or www.amazon.com.
a. Integrated Chinese, Volume 2, 4th Edition, Textbook (Simplified)
b. Integrated Chinese, Volume 2, 4th Edition, Workbook (Simplified)
c. Integrated Chinese, Volume 2, 4th Edition, Character Workbook (Simplified & Traditional)
Logistics and Policies:
1) Registered students only - In order to not disrupt the class, only registered students may be in the classroom. We have reserved an empty classroom next door for siblings and parents who want to stay in the building.
2) Sickness Policy - If a student is sick with a fever, a contagious cough (e.g. Virus caused), a bad cold, or another type of contagious illness, the student should notify the teacher via email, and stay at home till full recovery. If a student is not sure if his/her illness is contagious, please consult with the doctor's office first. Teacher will update the student with the progress of the class and course materials.
3) Refund Policy - There is no refund after the first day of class except for unexpected medical issues. In that case, parents will need to provide the relevant documents from the physician's office in order to receive a refund for future classes.
For students seeking high school credit, the following requirements must be met:
1) Homework - It is the student's responsibility to finish the assigned homework before coming to class. An unexcused incompletion of homework will be recorded in the student's report card, parents will be notified, and the student will be placed on probation. After two unexcused incompletions, the student will be dismissed from class for the remainder of the semester.
The only acceptable reasons for incomplete homework are illness or family crisis. In the event of either, an email must be sent to the Class Instructor by Wednesday morning at 9:00am, and the student's parents must be copied on the email. All late assignments must be completed the following week.
2) Absentee Policy - There will be no unexcused absence in the Spring 2019 semester.
The only acceptable reasons for an excused absence are illness or family crisis.
In the event of an absence, please email your instructor in advance with the specific reason, and copy your parents on the email. Colonial does not offer compensatory lessons or classes for absences or missed lessons that occur (i.e. conflicts, travel out of town, etc)